Training has always been part of the deal when you own a dog, but cats are a different story. Cats can appear indifferent to the humans in their lives, and sometimes they even appear stubborn. A cat’s refusal to follow your rules may simply be a manifestation of the feline’s independent spirit and individual personality.
“People don’t traditionally train cats because they think of cats as … independent and full of free will,” says Sarah Ellis, co-author of The Trainable Cat. That’s the reason why people who own cats will find their own ways to get along with their mischievous cats.
We were impressed by the tricks that cat owners use to please their beloved pets. So we decided to collect some users’ photos in which cats run the show. Scroll down to enjoy! We are sure that you’ll also find your story in this compilation.
1. “My wife just wanted to do her puzzle without being bitten.”
Credit: © ChloeHammer / Reddit
2. “My left hand is on the steering wheel and my right hand is on my kitty.”
Credit: © veganviccky / Twitter
3. When you like freshly cut flowers, but don’t want them to end up on the floor.
Credit: © JViel90 / Reddit
4. “I need 2 hands to eat. My Smokey was okay with working as a phone holder for a while… He
sat like this for about 10 minutes.”
Credit: © Hummingbird135 / Reddit
5. “My cat is obsessed with these cheap springs. But they come with sharp ends that need to be trimmed off with nail clippers.”
Credit: © OddDad / Reddit
6. “I took my cat to the park for leash training. Yesterday was the first time he climbed a tree.”
Credit: © Unknown / Imgur
7. This is a dummy keyboard. My cat thinks he’s a boss, and everyone is happy.
Credit: © MooneyOne / Reddit
8. One laptop is also not enough when you seriously need to do some work.
Credit: © NyangNyangAT / Reddit
9. And if you can’t get the cat off the couch, you can create a photo masterpiece in Michelangelo’s style and feel like God.
Credit: © SweetSoundOfSilence / Reddit
10. “My girlfriend’s cat has decided he’s obsessed with me and now, we wake up like this every morning.”
Credit: © larryfinesse / Reddit
11. “When I’m going away for a few days, I sing to my cat through messenger. She started falling asleep in front of the camera waiting to hear my voice. So cute.”
Credit: © Nnedi / Twitter
12. “I got a backpack so my cat can sunbathe. Today, she doesn’t want to be on a leash.”
Credit: © blondiewifelife / Reddit
13. “My cat likes it when we help him stretch. And he started sticking out his tongue when we do it for him.”
Credit: © ScoobyDoobieBlue / Reddit
14. “I took this hippo home together with my kitten. The animal shelter said that they would only leave together.”
Credit: Unknown / Imgur
15. If there is a cat at home, you can’t sit on the pillow without looking inside the cover first.
Credit: © Custergrant / Reddit
16. “My friend got her old cat a kitten.”
Credit: © iatepant / Reddit
17. “I made my kitten a sweater so he wouldn’t get chilly with the A/C on. It seems that now, he feels pretty macho.”
Credit: © edenirishoney / Twitter
18. “My cat’s new living room is cozier than my own.”
Credit: © BFG121 / Reddit
19. Last week, all cats were “stupid” and now, “our kitty-witty likes to be held on the right shoulder and not the left one.”
Credit: © jaguarundi_ / Reddit
20. TV mice
Credit: © BabylonFire / Pikabu
Are you a cat owner? Do you have photos of your pets? Please share them with us in the comments below!